Grace UMC has a strong commitment and history to helping others, locally and beyond.
A few of the opportunities to help others:
- Family Promise – Our church is a host congregation for Family Promise www.familypromiseofcheyenne.org and provides the space for the program’s offices and day center. Our church provides support in many ways: providing and serving meals, staying overnight during host weeks, providing resources (food, clothing, other items), donating items for children (books, games, puzzles), volunteering throughout the month.
- Needs – Our church supports Needs, Inc. www.needsinc.org by donating non-perishable food items, clothing, linens and towels, and other items for community needs.
- COMEA – Our church supports COMEA House www.comeashelter.org, Cheyenne’s emergency shelter, by serving dinner once a month, breakfast once a quarter, and other donations as needed.
- Christmas Giving Tree – Our church members adopt a local school and provide gifts for children who are in need.
- Undies Sunday – packages of new underwear
- Toiletries – small personal items given to COMEA House or Safe House
- UMCOR – donations as requested by the United Methodist Committee on Relief, the relief organization of the UMC. These can be for particular disasters or ongoing relief effortsOther Donations given to local and national organizations:
- Save the Earth – As good stewards, our church collects recyclables such as batteries and aluminum cans.
- Cheyenne Day of Giving – Our church participates in the city-wide Day of Giving.
- Love Taxi & Love Meals – When a member needs help, volunteers donate meals and even rides when driving is an issue.
We are a small church with a BIG heart. Helping Others is what we do!