Membership Directory – Please contact the Church Office if you didn’t receive one last week. Keep in touch with one another.
New Phone Tree – It’s coming out soon!! We will email everyone, and mail to those without email addresses. Call the church office if you would like one mailed to you.
Emails – Check your emails for up to date information and ways to stay connected.
Grace’s Facebook page – If you are on Facebook, check out our page (CheyenneGraceUMC) to keep up with opportunities to gather via Zoom for prayer time. Soon we will offer other small groups.
YouTube – Recorded videos will be posted on our YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/CheyenneGUMC).
Zoom – We will have prayer gatherings and other meetings via Zoom. Zoom is a platform to connect in video and phone calls. Church emails will include a Zoom link. If you are going to use your video on your computer/tablet/phone, just click on the link. When you use it for the first time, Zoom will need to get connected on your electronic device. Just follow the instructions.
If you are going to call in, just call the phone number provided and then type in the meeting id, which will also be provided.
Don’t know about Zoom? Contact Rev. Laura, Melissa Martin or Dave Orr for more information.
The church still needs your financial donations. We know for some of you, this is a difficult time financially. However, if you can still make a financial contribution, please either mail a check to the church or donate online: http://www.cheyennegraceumc.com/giving/. You can also Text-to-Give by texting the dollar amount to 307-209-9908. It should walk you through the process.
Pam Pallak is coordinating drivers who can help deliver items to those who are homebound.
Our church has a Member Aid fund. If you or someone in the church needs assistance, please contact Rev. Laura.
Family Promise is still helping families in this difficult time. Our Family Promise is currently housing up to 3 families in local hotels. They need support in the following ways, as shared by Lori Kempter, Executive Director:
- Be kind & pray. During this difficult time, Family Promise cannot underestimate the importance and impact of simply being kind to one another and praying for our neighbors.
- Give supply donations. They are receiving donations of the following: milk, eggs, meat, paper products, baby wipes, cleaning supplies, fast food gift cards, grocery gift cards, and gas gift cards. Call the Family Promise office to arrange dropping off donations (307-772-8770).
- Give financially. This transition is increasing costs for Family Promise of Cheyenne. Motel rooms cost $700 per week/per family. Housing 3 families for a minimum of 2-3 weeks costs $4,200-6,000. Donations can be made on the website: www.FamilyPromiseofCheyenne.org or mail to Family Promise of Cheyenne, 2950 Spruce Drive, Cheyenne WY 82001.
May 24 – Grace Notes Due!
May 26 – Saving Grace 6:30 pm
May 31 – Memorial Day
This month (May), Peak Wellness is collecting gently used books for residents to read. Do you have a few books for the next reader? If so please contact Wanda
FAITH DAY AT THE ROCKIES
Faith Day at the Rockies is Sunday, August 8, with special musical guest, MercyMe! The game begins at 1:10 pm against the Miami Dolphins with the concert after the game. Michelle Aldrich has agreed to organize the event and there is a sign up sheet in the nathrex.
OTHER ITEMS OF NOTE
Kathy, in the office, is taking a vacation for the entire month of June. Need volunteers to sit in the office and take phone calls from 9:00 am to 11:00 am, Monday through Thursday mornings, June 1 thru July 1. Please call her if you can assist.
ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL
Orville Cussins will be holding adult Sunday school classes again at 9:00 am in the Upper Room.
Our youth will be meeting with youth from the other Methodist Churches in Cheyenne on Sunday afternoon at 4:00 pm. Sr. High will meet in Grace Hall and Jr. High will meet in the basement.
Saturday Prayer Meeting 10:00 am
We now have a permanent fix for Prayer Group. We meet on Tuesday and Saturday at 10:00 am.
Sunday Worship 10:15 am
Sunday’s service is open to all!! Please come and enjoy Pastor Zach in person!! Please remember to wear a mask and practice social distancing!! The service will also be available on Facebook and YouTube.
Visitation Tuesdays! Pastor Zach is setting aside 11:00 am – 3:00 pm every Tuesday to come and visit you! If you need a hospital/emergency visit, Pastor Zach will come at any time of day and during the week. Tuesdays are simply a time that you can gather together for fellowship, communion, and prayer. You’re invited to contact and schedule your visitation Tuesday with Kathy in the church office (634-7472) Monday through Thursday, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm..
Our church continues to be responding to the current COVID-19 Coronavirus emergency by being the church in different ways.
- Some meetings will continue to be on Zoom until further notice.
- Sunday worship 10:15 am – You can now attend service in the sanctuary. Please wear your mask and practice social distancing. It also will be on Facebook and YouTube (CheyenneGUMC).
- The church building is now open to the public.
- The church office is open Monday through Thursday from 8:30 am to 1:00 pm. You can also email [email protected] or leave a message at 307-634-7472.
Remember that God is with us in Spirit ALWAYS!
Two additional sites for the COVID vaccination –
- NorthStar Pharmacy & Infusion – 7121 Commons Dr. 307-637-4300 to leave your information – please watch for phone number when they return your call as it is being blocked on some phones
- Albertson’s Osco on Yellowstone Road – use website for Albertson’s Cheyenne Yellowstone location
We are no longer accepting ink cartridges to recycle!!
We are no longer accepting ink cartridges to recycle. However, if you something that you would like to recycle, we have several empty drawers by the northeast door. Let the office know and I will put a label on it for you.
Check out monthly newsletter, Grace Notes.
Grace Notes is our monthly newsletter. In it you will find notes from the pastor and church leaders. You will find up-to-date information on upcoming events and read testimonies of the impact our church makes.